Wednesday 11 December 2013

Coming back to my project

I have changed my mind a bit since my first posts. At the beginning, I wanted to work around other women's obsessions and together with them try to create a scenario where their obsession can fit in. Again, I have realized that I can't rely on people and I am not that kind of person that insists a lot and becomes annoying. I am not going to force anyone. It has to be natural.

So, my plan is now to think about obsessions that women might have, important ones and try to explore them to create a good scenario and stage everything. My models won't have to be proper models, I am not interested in that. It can even be one of my neighbours if she can act well.

The list that I have got as ideas of possible obsessions is:

  • caloric content - I believe this is a new idea that came to life in the last years as there wasn't anything like that in the past. Yes, women were concerned with their body and how they look but I have never heard of someone counting calories or anything like that.
  • no secrecy  - nowadays, all the media resources that exist are very nosy. You have to give a lot of details in order to do something. There's no privacy and I do believe that women are obsessed with giving everything in order to get attention. If we take Facebook we can find enough examples of that. And it's not necessarily Facebook's fault.It's its users,women especially,  who have little concern with their privacy. They need attention so they will show everything you want.
  • how we look - perfection - narcissism -- this is a never ending story that will always be a problem for women. They are so obsessed with what they wear, how their hair is and so on and so forth. I think the idea of perfection comes from the Greek mythology  - Aphrodite is the goddess of beauty and she is an embodiment of perfection. 
  • childhood obsession converted into a career - I think this a good idea to explore because we do a lot of silly things in our childhood but those silly things tell us which path we are going to follow when we grow-up. Women are known to be more learning-oriented than men who fool around until they start university at least. 
  • obsession as an interdiction - we want to do a lot of things that we shouldn't do because of various reasons but sometimes you someone says NO you will definitely say YES or the other way around. I think women are sometimes more stubborn than men so they will do anything to prove you wrong. That might be called: obsessed with being ambitious. 
  • praying - this might not be the case for every woman but women are definitely more religious than men and sometimes they transform this into an obsession in order to be sure that they are going to be helped by "someone". The bad thing is when this becomes a facade rather than something that you feel in your heart.
  • family - is something natural for a woman to have a family but sometimes it becomes an obsession maybe because women are afraid of being alone.
  • witchcraft - jealousy and women. perfect match. So many women envy other ones for being beautiful, or having money or especially for finding their other half. So they think they need to do something to make that disappear. A bit of "magic".
  • control - women need to have everything under control and to control things or people. It needs to be them who have the last say not men.
  • drinking - well, this is a problem you can find almost everywhere. Men are known to be obsessed with drinking but surprise, sometimes women don't want to be lower than men so they start drinking and drinking until it becomes an obsession transformed in a pleasure for them, apparently. 
  • putting things in order/cleanliness - I don't think I need to explain this one as it is the most obvious from all. If it's clean like the bright blue sky, I am sure it's not right. there is something there, for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment