Friday 6 December 2013

Richard Tuschman






Coming back to Tuschman, his images look like a modern version of Hopper's, from where he got influences. The light that he uses seems softer than Hopper's though. I love how he staged everything, every detail. Because his images are more contemporary than Hopper's, they have an air of reality. The colours and the quality of the images is very good. When I look at Tuschman's work what I have in mind is that the image of women that existed back when Hopper was alive is still present nowadays. Women appear trapped in the house, they are portrayed either alone looking outside as if they want to escape or in the presence of a man. That's the image attributed to women and I believe it's still valid nowadays in a way or another. I believe his images show a stereotyped woman who is loyal to her husband and capable of accepting her situation in order to be devoted to her man.

No comments:

Post a Comment