Tuesday 1 April 2014

Drafts for cover


This is actually my final cover. I didn't have to work a lot on it and it came out like this. I do love how it looks.

I believe the image that I have selected represents the most the whole series of images and it's my favourite from all because it's very natural and the light is amazing. It's got a lot of emotion and that's what I wanted on the cover: something to catch your eye and make you interested.

The red frame does its job really well. I love how the 2 work together.

In terms of text, I chose to put the name in the middle to make it part of her because her journey was part of her life. My name is on the bottom right as that's a dead angle let's say where it looks good and it doesn't cover anything.

The reason why I chose the book to be named like that is because Andrea, because of the obsessions, she manages to create a journey which is governed by them but, at the same time, it's part of her, of her life. Also, it is named like that to help the reader understand and go with her on her journey throughout the book.



Because she is looking towards the right I chose to put the same image on the back cover but the other way around to show that she is looking back to her childhood and the memories that she made. This is also a way to make the viewer still be engaged even at the end of the book.





The font on the cover is called Mathilde and I chose that because it resembles to a journal writing and it;s very curly like Andrea's journey: it goes up and down.


No comments:

Post a Comment