Wednesday 2 April 2014

The layout

In terms of the layout inside, I don't want to do elaborate things because as important as the layout it, I want the images and the text inside to make the viewer engaged.

I have decided to put all the images on the right hand side because every time you turn a page the first thing you see should be the image, on the right. I want the viewer to see the image first and then to read the text.

When it comes to the text, on the left hand side I want to have a small text that will present Andrea's thoughts, what is in her mind, thoughts that represent the image and the general situation and also explains the obsession.

The texts are:

1) "I am exhausted…I need to change this…I can’t live like this forever...I love my parents, I really do but this has to stop...it’s too much. I understand they want the best for me but…this is not exactly me, this is not who I am. I have become obsessed with school and books but this has to stop. I don’t want to become a genius...they have to understand that I need to go, I need to live my life, not their life…I am exhausted...I can’t…"

2) "I had enough of this. I need to live my life, far from here. I feel like this has been forever. I feel watched and controlled and I don’t want this. I feel like a prisoner. I want to explore my passions and my ideas. I want to go far away, I need the time to go quicker so I can make my wish come true. My parents won’t like this but I know in their heart they- will support me…I feel caged...I feel…I had a great childhood, I can’t complain but I am not a child anymore, they have to understand that...I have to go…"

3) "I did it. I am here...but now what? NO! I don’t regret coming here. I made a big change. I don’t know anyone here but I am mature enough to take care of myself. I know I can do it and I know I will get there at some point. I will fight until I get there. I promise! It’s hard but I am not giving up!"

4) "This is me…alone. I am looking around and all these things are everything I have got right now. Was this the price to pay to make my dream come true? Being alone, on my own? I don’t know…it’s so hard. This is what I do everyday…they keep me alive…I’m stuck in this room but no one cares I suppose…Is there anyone who understands me, is there anyone who knows what I am going through? Do you understand me? Can you help me?"

5) "I’m in my own world...I don’t really have friends...is it because something is wrong with me? Is something missing? Is it about my appearance? I don’t know. Maybe it is...something needs to be done! So many girls on the internet have changed something about the way they look and then they are very popular…I need to be popular as well!  ....
I have done it now but was this the right thing to do? I fear that I still don’t look right. What if this is still not enough? I want this fear to go away... How do I look?"

6) " He is her first and only love, the only person that really cares about her. She wants him to always be with her, near her, to give her attention all the time. She wants to know everything that happens to him, where he goes, what he does and she is so addicted to him that she would go with him anywhere, just to know that she won’t be alone again. He loves her very much and because of that he lets her obsession develop on him. He is not happy though, he feels constrained, he doesn’t have any intimacy, he feels caged, he is sad. But he doesn’t say anything about that because he loves her back and as long as she is happy he will try to live with that. She has got that possessive look. Her intentions are not bad, she doesn’t mean that in a bad way, she knows the whole situation, she knows about her problem, about her obsession but unfortunately she can’t do anything about that because she doesn’t know what to do. He has learnt how to live with that."

7) "I love them...they are everything to me...I would do anything for them. I am obsessed now with them and I am trying to always be there and play with them, cook, go for walks, try to teach them all sort of things...is that the right thing to do, though? Is it too much? Maybe I should give them more liberty...but they need me...I am sure…"

8) "This is who I am...look at me! I am ok now, I am different...I have got a beautiful family...just look at me!"

9) "I am here again...I am always here, washing clothes... well, that’s my role I suppose...it would be nice to do something else instead of this...but I have to be an example for my children, for the future...they need to learn to always take care of their family…I am doing the right thing...I know that…"

10) "That’s my life in that suitcase...oh how I miss everything...my journal, I have got everything written there and my teddy bear...oh that’s from my parents when I was home...and the children’s toys and all of those things in there...I had a beautiful life. I can’t complain...I can’t...I have to take them with me, always. They are mine...how I miss everything!"

11) "She met the love of her life, the man she could trust for anything, she lived her life but she ended up in the same point: alone, but this time in her elder years. She misses everything from when she was young: her memories, her husband, she misses being young in fact. When she was a teenager, she was capable of doing anything. Even when she was sad she knew how to find things to make her happy. Now, she is alone again but inside, she is happy that she had a good life and she had the right person with her."

No comments:

Post a Comment