Tuesday 29 April 2014

Self reflection

The evaluation is exactly the end of my degree!! How emotional!!

This project has brought me a mixture of feelings and emotions from the moment when I came up with the idea and until I finished with it, so much stress like I never had but moments of happiness as well.

As I said in my critical reflection for the other module, this blog and the research that I have managed to do won't reflect the number of hours and sleepless nights I had this year working on my projects. I don't think I will ever do a perfect critical journal as I literally don't know how to. I don't like writing about someone else's work and coming to this blog to post every time I found something it's rather time consuming than helpful for me because when I do research I gather all the information in my head and then I work with that but a project is a project in the end.

I started the year with a lot of stress on my head because I had an idea at the beginning that wasn't exactly beneficial for me so I had to change it but because I was so enthusiastic about it, when I realized it's not good I got disappointed and from that moment on everything was a nightmare to me until I managed to find a path to follow. I changed so many ideas that I got so confused that I didn't have a clue what to do next which wasn't exactly ideal as time was running fast. It was so stressful and so many headaches followed that I wasn't able to focus properly because of that. But I knew I had to do it.

One day, I got so angry at myself that it just happened. I was back on track with new ideas and a pretty new project that was capable of being successful. I spent a lot of time digging in my past and talking to my mom about her life and researching to make sure this time I do something good.

When my friend Andreea agreed to help me with all the images I was relieved but I didn't know how it was going to be like: so many trips to London, waking up at 5 in the morning, carrying loads of stuff around London etc. but it was worth it.

To be able to have a good project, I had to ask people for permission to photograph in their places. I have met so many rude people, so many people that didn't even looked at us. I was a bit shocked but that's the reality, especially in London. Few people were nice there. You have to be the Queen for them to at least look at you. We had lots of doorsclosed in our faces but you know what? I never gave up!I was too ambitious and determined to do it to give up!!

This project showed me what it means to work hard to have a good outcome!! No matter the mark I get for it, I am proud  I managed to finish it on time!! I am ready to take on new adventures!!



No comments:

Post a Comment