Thursday 16 January 2014

Changed again

Following the last attempt to illustrate what I had in mind, I was not very happy with the outcome.

I had a chat with one of my colleagues from work who's doing a MA in Architecture.I wanted some advice from him because he a creative mind as well. After the chat, I decided to change some things again to my project. As if everything that I have changed so far was not enough. I do hope that is my final one.

So, after thinking and doing some brainstorming I have come to something else.

Every woman goes through different stages in her life that make like a cycle. In every stage, something stands out, it becomes the main thing of that stage that influences her. I have done some brainstorming and I have written on a sheet of paper all the major things that could happen in a woman's life starting from the moment when she is born to when she dies. From that list, I extracted 10 important things that are the most important in her life which are the the main 10 stages. I decided to start from the moment when she is already a grown up, the moment when she is at uni because I don't think what happens before will be relevant to my project and then the end point will be around the time when she is in her later 40s when kids already leave home.

I have been told for previous ideas that I can't just come up with things without proof or relevant evidence from other people that have gone through something. However, for this idea I am not interested to know what other women think about this cycle or what happened in their life. I don't want to know if my 10 main stages happened in other women's life.

I want to make this new idea my own and about myself. It is about how I see this cycle or how it should be, my vision in connection to that. I want to create a series of images that will represent myself because I want to make it personal and not about someone else.

the list with the stages would be:


  1. developing or discovering new passions
  2. university life - friends and having fun, making the most of it
  3. first job, first money
  4. meeting someone, first love
  5. taking care of yourself
  6. marriage
  7. career, being the best, being promoted
  8. taking care of your family
  9. memories, kids
  10. find new activities, kids leave home


No comments:

Post a Comment