Wednesday 29 January 2014

Tutorial

Since the photo shoot in London, I have waited for my tutorial  to get feedback on my new idea and images.

As I was expecting, something was not right again. I am running in a circle and I can't find the exit. As I have been told I am working backwards, doing the images and then the research.

Because I want to make this project a fashion project, that could be a drawback from me so less marks because you can't really mark fashion so fashion is not made for academic projects.

I have been told that I have to be careful not to make my ideas a cliche because everyone knows that the stages that I have got happen in a woman's life. So as a suggestion, I could try to portray details that people don't really know, small things that a lot of people don't pay attention to. Also, the location should be different. To make my series of images good, I have to shoot in locations that are not known by anyone and where people have access too, to make it more interesting. Furthermore, my images need some mystery: if I want to show the viewers that a woman wants to get married I shouldn't have a image with a woman dressed in a wedding dress as it is too obvious. The idea is to challenge the viewers as I wanted from the beginning.

First point to go back to look at is Gregory Crewdson plus Alex Prager. I need to create scenarios with a mystery.

Furthermore, I am going to have just one model who will be me. She will portray myself in all the images as it would be more logical and relevant than having 10 different models. This way, I can  create a relation between her and me and then between her and the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment