Tuesday 25 March 2014

Part 2 - trouble again!!

Last shoot. We couldn't finish this project without another unpleasant event - just like a present for us to remember this particular day.

Such a weird experience with the last shoot!

A couple of weeks before the shoot, I spoke with a lady from the Yorke Lodge in Canterbury, asking if I can use some of her rooms to take some photos. She wasn’t unsure from the beginning but in the end she said yes but now I can relate that to what happened. The day of the shoot – my friend did her old lady make-up so we can be ready to shoot once we are there. We got there, the same lady made a joke that we didn’t understand anyway. She took us upstairs to show us some rooms but still I could sense that she was not feeling ok with that. We decided on  a room on the 3rd floor, a very small room and simple again because it had a mirror, a table and a chair all together. She said she would leave us to do our job. We had around 1 h as the lady said that she has to go somewhere.

It was fine with us because we were ready to start shooting when we got there. We closed the door and we started. We had to move some things but like small things that you can put back very easily like a chair or a tray with mugs. The first ideas didn’t work out very well so we said to use the bed. There was like a very thin duvet that was put at the bottom of the bed. It was white and quite nice and we said to use it to cover my friend. We started shooting, tried different poses when someone knocked on the door. It was one of the housekeepers. Apparently, she had to put a bathrobe in the bathroom but I know 100% that she was sent to check on us. At that moment, my friend Andreea was on the bed covered by that duvet. The woman looked at her with a weird look. I knew something was not ok.


After she left we carried on shooting. After not even 3 minutes, someone opened the door without even knocking. The lady, probably the owner, was very nervous and she was like:”You moved everything. You said you only need a chair and a mirror. It smells horrible here. Did you smoke here?” She was so nervous and I personally felt like I was caught stealing something. I was so surprised by her reaction. I told her that we would tidy up everything when we finish (and we didn’t move everything, only small bits) but she was like "All my staff has gone home. You can’t tidy up because you don’t know how. If I see any make up stains, you will have to pay!” I was so scared by her reaction, everything was so sudden. Me and my friend looked at each other after she left and we decided to pack and go for our own good. 

We had some images so the best thing was to leave. As promised to the lady, we tidied up everything, the room looked like it was when we came there. Clean and tidy. No make - up stains, nothing. I went downstairs to tell her to come check the room but she said: “I am busy. I have things to do. I will send my stuff upstairs”. Didn't she tell me that her staff went home? LIAR! Anyway, I went upstairs, grabbed my stuff and we went home scared and surprised. I will always remember that day! I never felt like that in my whole life, like a thief! HAha! The best thing about it was that I forgot some slippers there haha! “Hey! I left you a present!” It was alright in the end. It had to happen something!






this is the make up that Andreea did  for the last shoot. That's amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment