Monday 17 March 2014

The right shoot

So this time I did it the right way, no more police involved and freaking out. I stay normal this time haha

Even if the idea of housewife might be a stereotype, I wanted to use that to show a fact that exists and it’s real and also that influences women when they get to that stage. Initially, we went to that park but I decided that the message was too straight- forward so I changed it. We went to a launderette in Kilburn, London. The people there were very nice compared to another launderette that we went to and the owners were rude (as many other people that I have met with this project). I tried to take some shots through the Laundromat door to show the image that you see from outside the situation, like someone was watching her. She is in that mood that she wants and she is desperate to do her job as a housewife, to take care of her family, but at the same time she would like to do something else, maybe take care of herself or even try to develop her own hobbies and interests. But the obsession to be a good wife, to be an example for her children is bigger than anything else. So, she tries to accept her situation and deal with it.



backstage








No comments:

Post a Comment