Friday 15 November 2013

Bill Cunningham New York

I have watched "Bill Cunningham New York" and I can say that it's one of the best documentaries on fashion. Watching  it, I just learned to observe more and in more detail. His love and attention for street fashion was unbelievable. He's such an inspiration. The most important thing of all, watching the documentary, I have noticed something  quite important for my own project: his obsession. As I said, I have learned to observe more in detail. As a result, I have noticed his obsession on clothes. He even said that at some point in the documentary:"Yea, I am obsessed with clothes. I can't help it!" and he was laughing. He has such a positive attitude towards that that I was mesmerized. Many people would say he's crazy but what he does it's actually amazing. His eye for colour, composition and detail is just amazing!

So, keeping in mind his obsession for clothes, I started thinking how I could portray something like that for my project. It's more like an exercise for my brain rather than something that I am going to use for my project. So I am thinking about colours, textures, patterns, lengths, style, fit. With all these in mind, I can play with them and create an "image" that I could use to portray that obsession.

Basically, I believe that every time I have to do this exercise, it's a good idea to generate key words from that obsession to help me create my" image".


No comments:

Post a Comment