Friday 15 November 2013

Coming back to Bill :)

I can't just have a post on Bill and even that one is more like an overview. I feel the need to write more, to show off his talent and kindness. The more I see his videos on his work on nytimes.com the more I am overwhelmed by  the way he can see and look at things. I have just watched his last video today and it's about fashion in the winter. I have never looked at fashion in his way. He looks at nature, he is on the street and I don't know if it just happens or if it's because of New York, big city where everything happens, or it's his awesomeness but he can connect what he sees on the street with the street and nature. You just start to think if either people have a sense of the seasons and want to be in fashion on purpose to show off their style and individuality or it's just by chance that they happen to be in fashion. It might be the city or I don't know but any way Bill is always there to capture that and he manages to show that in an extraordinary way. I don't think it's about the technical side of the photos, it's more about his story, his obsession with how people dress in New York.

I would be so pleased and happy to have him in London or just anywhere else. Actually,  I would be so excited to see him doing his job in a city or  a town that is not that big or where fashion is not so developed as in the big cities of the world. I would be thrilled to see him in action and to see his final images after a day in a small town.I could bet on anything that I would be speechless...

This is the video that I was talking about above:





The second one that I want to show is about Paris Fashion Week


I can't believe what I am watching. He just went to Paris Fashion Week and he came from there with some images that show how women have adapted their everyday hats/pompons/cap etc and he makes the connection between those hats with the tulip fabric dating from 1892. That's amazing!! And the thing is, after you watch the video and you look again at the images with the hats you realize that he's right. I can see how deep is his knowledge of fashion. Waw!!


No comments:

Post a Comment