Wednesday 27 November 2013

Cindy Sherman





Cindy Sherman is a very important figure in photography. I remember I was presented her in my first year in my Visual Research module and right from the beginning I knew there was something about her.






I am interested in seeing how she explored and then portrayed the contemporary women' identity. I believe that she is a complete and very complex photographer because she takes on various roles when she's doing her photographs from being the photographer to being a model, make-up artist, hairdresser etc. which I believe is very beneficial as that might give the artist more liberty in expressing his/her ideas. 




 I love how she manages to invent different personas to examine how identity is constructed and at the same time represented. I think that her series of images are very coherent. I also like the simplictity of the background which makes the personas stand out.





No comments:

Post a Comment