Monday 25 November 2013

Hannah Starkey

I came across Hannah Starkey in Art Photography Now by Susan Bright.





















The following images are a selection of her work that I most like:



This one is my favourite. Her body position and the lines of her body say so much. And the way her hair is kept over her shoulder is so beautifully photographed. There is like a tension though coming from her body but I do like the fact that we can't see the face of the model.The background  goes really well with the atmosphere of the image. It might sound strange but there is like a speaking silence coming from the photograph. Another thing that I like about this image and about her images in general is the fact that the women are photographed on their own. We as viewers we might think straight away of loneliness or of a sort of depression but the thing is, it is not exactly about that. I believe the images don't show any sign of vulnerability. They show the everyday women doing let's say daily tasks and they are portrayed beautifully.






No comments:

Post a Comment