Wednesday 13 November 2013

First stop!

So what I have got so far is just 2 ideas. They are the only 2 that make me be excited, unfortunately.

The first one and the one that I think would be the best from the 2 is about obsessions. I want to create portraits, glamorous/commercial portraits, in the studio, that portray women's obsessions.  I believe it would be interesting to see some of the things that women can't live without doing/having/getting. Of course, my plan is to illustrate those obsessions by misleading the viewers: what I mean is, for example, if I want to portray the fact that women are obsessed with their weight, I won't just take a picture of a girl that looks quite chubby as that is too obvious. I want to challenge the viewer, I want to make people think about what the photograph is actually saying. If it was too obvious, it wouldn't be interesting at all. Of course, if, for example, my series of images would be exhibited somewhere, it would be hard for the viewer to find out what the real obsession is. That is why the caption/the title of the image will make the viewer understand what is represented in the image. Again, the title won't be that obvious but it will make the viewer understand the meaning in the end.

Along with that, the reason why I would like to do this particular project is to show individuality. By portraying women's obsessions I can show through my images their individuality, what makes them be different than other women. My intention is not to necessarily have proper models to photograph. I suppose I wouldn't mind anyone who looks good on camera. So I want to have a chat with the models about what they like and what they don't to find out their obsession. Then, I could plan the whole scene ( mettre en scene :) ) and try to evidence that obsession that makes her/them be different, that shows the individual, but in a challenging way.

No comments:

Post a Comment