Sunday 2 February 2014

Anja Niemi

Researching for my second obsession, I came across Anja Niemi . I was inspired by her work so that's why I decided to share her images.









Her style is similar to David Lynch's work. Apparently, she has got a suitcase with lots of props with witch she traveled the world in order to find the best hotel rooms in which she photographer herself. Her images compel the viewer to try to find the story of the woman and they seems fragile but beautiful. In an interview she says that the hotel rooms help her disconnect from the mundane and this way she can become the character that she wants.

I think her images have got like a surrealistic feel. As much real as they seem you don't expect to see her images and understand what's happening at the same time. There is movement in all her images no matter if she is sitting.


I can draw some influence from this image for my 2nd obsession. the suitcase makes you think about travelling, she is dressed but at the same time her face is almost covered by the suitcase She lays unwillingly on the bed as if she is waiting for something and she is prepared for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment