Sunday 9 February 2014

Final

The final image that I have chosen, though, for that shoot is:


I have chosen this image from many other because I believe it represents the obsession the best. I was looking for a place to suggest intensity and that is why the combination of red and burgundy made me choose this place. Also, even if people were coming and going, the hallway where we shot looked very intimate for me so that was another reason why I chose that place. Red means intense which is how Andrea's life was at this moment. She's feeling pressure from her parents to study and to do more and more but she is exhausted. She doesn't have the will to do anything because she has had enough.

The big lamps were helpful as well as they suggested the idea of late in the night and studying hard under the light of a lamp. The position of her body and her feet show how she can't do anything anymore and she doesn't have the power, the strength to take it further. 

Being in a hotel for the night or whatever other reason means that your not home so you are not with your family, you are alone, on your own which is what I also tried to show by shooting there. Because of the pressure, she decided to step back and step away from her parents. She became introvert. 

There's no tension in her fingers or toes, she thinks that this is too much for her. 
Another reason why I chose this image was because of the angle which brings the viewer closer to Andrea. She is positioned between 2 armchairs which suggests the idea of being trapped between something which is her parents. She is in the middle of them, trying to fit in there. Also, the viewpoint is in center to be able to let the viewer experience her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment