Sunday 9 February 2014

Part 3

Obsession for a new beginning


We went to the Madison Bar which is somewhere near St Paul’s Cathedral. I needed a rooftop because that’s the place where I could catch the sunset best. The reason why I had the sunset in mind because both the sunset and the sunrise mean something new, a new beginning and that’s what I was looking for for this scenario. She is at that stage where she finally managed to go live her life somewhere else, far from home. She looks a bit uncomfortable because it’s a new place she has to get used to and she is scared as well. The teddy bear in her arms means her past and her memories from home. That’s the only thing she’s got in this new world, in this new home. The fact that she is just holding the teddy bear by one paw means that she doesn’t want to let go to her past. It was a bit cloudy that day so we were afraid we would lose the sunset but managed in the end to catch a bit of it. I really like this image as it is very natural and I love the colours. Her ambition to succeed transforms itself into an obsession.

Before going to London, I saw a video with 2 ballet dancers dancing on the rooftop of a building from which I got the inspiration.






Using that, I tried to create my own version.












No comments:

Post a Comment