Tuesday 11 February 2014

Another story in my story - part 4

I never thought about my past in this way like I am doing now for this project and it is interesting but overwhelming at the same time. Sometimes, it feels like I am saying too much...but because I want to find out more, I am willing to dig deeper which is something new to me.

The next part of the story that I want to portray is not part of my own story. The next step for me would have been the moment when I met someone but before that, I would like to introduce something else to the table.

 By reading papers for my dissertation, I came across a lot of articles that discuss the problem of teenagers who are influenced by the media in a negative way due to the bad message that it showcases to the public. Because the media advertises the idealized image, teenage girls believe in that which influences them in a very negative way. Therefore, in order to meet the standards of the idealized image that advertises a perfect body, many teenagers use aesthetic surgery or other forms of correcting their body such as starvation in order to become perfect. This situation starts from interacting with the media no matter if it's paper based or virtually.

To mention that this is nothing to do with me this time, I would like to portray the obsession for the appearance. I found a connection between being stuck inside with the virtual world and the obsession for something superficial which clearly comes from that.


No comments:

Post a Comment