Sunday 16 February 2014

Result?

Another day to London to shoot with Andreea the obsession with the virtual world. I found this very hard to do because I didn't want to shoot the usual image of someone standing in front of a laptop.I struggled for days to think about something else and in the end I went for something simple.

In my first year, I experimented with the bin bags to reveal the outside image upside down, camera lucida. It was a very nice experience so I decided to use something from that to do my 4th scenario. I needed to make a room darker in the middle of the day so I bought bin bags to cover the windows. The idea behind this image is that she becomes obsessed with the virtual world because in this new world she doesn’t have any friends and she finds it really hard to make new ones. She needs something to entertain her so that’s why she chooses the virtual world: she can stay in touch with her old friends, with her past. Listening to music is what makes her really happy. I managed to find a TV channel about women so it was perfect for my story. With the new beginning, she made a change in her life she looks more like an adolescent now. A new haircut, more colorful clothes, it’s her.





Backstage: :)







No comments:

Post a Comment