Wednesday 5 February 2014

Time to shoot

Instead of carrying on trying to unfold my life looking for obsessions, I decided to start shooting to see what I get. I have scheduled a visit to London to shoot with my friend, Andreea, and I am trying to create the scenarios in my head to be able to shoot one or 2 that day.

For the first obsession:


  • I went to the Charing Cross hotel a couple of weeks ago as I had to meet a friend and whilst I was there I really liked the interior of the hotel. On the first floor, there are some medium size lamps and dark red more like burgundy armchairs. I would like to go there to test the background as I would like to shoot there. The overall colour is red which I really need. he 
  • The only thing is that I need to find something to illustrate the idea of school or studying
  • The image that I have got in my mind is her laying somewhere exhausted, not willing to do anything - I think I got stuck with this idea from the beginning.
  • I am not quite sure of other details. I will try to be spontaneous there and depending on the location and background I will try and create the scenario.
  • There's a problem though as I do hope I will get permission to shoot in there even for 10 minutes.

For the second obsession:

  • I want to use a suitcase to illustrate the idea of leaving
  • I still need to find a place to shoot for this as I don't want to have something boring 

For the third obsession:

  • when I think about new beginning I see the stereotypical sunshine or sunset because it brings hope
  • I would rather use a suitcase for this one but in this case I need to think about something else for the previous one
  • I would need a big street, very wide and free, no cars no nothing and I was thinking to shoot at sunset when it's quiet

These are just some ideas to get me going. As I know myself, depending on the background and place and other details that might interfere with my shoot, I will decide then what the scenario will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment